Sunday, January 24, 2010

A work in progress.

While eating way too many of these


I spent several hours this evening on my "Round of Applause to Anna" pillow. (All the circles are different Anna Maria Horner fabrics) I'm not going to lie, sewing 16 concentric circles was NOT A FUN TASK!! I thought by the 16th one I would have figured out how to make the circles look better, but I actually think the 16th circle looks just as lopsided as the first one. Thank goodness this picture is taken at night, inside, with artificial light so you can't see how off the circles really are. Tomorrow I will be attempting the "Put a Zipper in a Pillow" tutorial on our sidebar. Annee has done several of these, so I'm hoping putting a zipper in is less painful than the circle sewing tonight. I'll have more pictures and details on the pillow in a day or two once it's complete.

And I told myself I couldn't start on my pillow until the taggie on my Things To Sew list was made. Checked that one off the list during Quiet Time today. Seeing Annee's helped kick start me into making this today.

Now I must go and fall down in my bed!!

5 comments:

Annee said...

I think there should be a new rule on MOM...if you post a picture of a delicious treat, it must be followed by a recipe! Poster be warned.

"WOW" is all I can say about your "round of applause for Anna" pillow. It's going to be such a treasure when you are done.

I hope you have fun with the zipper tutorial. It is such a beautifully easy tutorial to follow that I think you'll be so happy in the end. Can't wait to hear about it.

Annee said...

Okay, P.S. I just discovered the recipe link!!!

Kat said...

LOVE the pillow Liz. How big is it? You girls have ALMOST inspired me to learn to sew. I WANT to learn now but it might take a few more posts to get me to the fabric store.

Liz said...

Kat, the pillow will hopefully fit a 20 inch pillow form. I'll keep you posted!

Annee, like I would ever post such a decadent dessert and NOT post the recipe. That would be sinful like those rice krispie bars.

Sanchez Family said...

I've made it to the fabric store, but not a clue how to use my sewing machine! I've also set up (Liz called it) the perfect sewing room! Still working learning the sewing machine!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...