Friday, February 5, 2010

I*Heart*Fabric-Streamers, so much!!


Which is why the boy version of our birthday fabric streamers have been hanging in the dining room since December 19th, to be exact. Every other day I think to myself, "I should take those down". But they add such a cheery and whimsical touch to our other wise WHITE dining room that I just can't bring myself to do the chore.

But seeing how we have girl birthdays coming up very quickly, it was time. But, not to overwhelm my soul with sadness over the lack of fabric streamer whimsy (for all of two weeks until the next birthdays!), I had to come up with an alternative.

I stumbled across this imagine and it's been haunting me night and day. I knew there would be no getting onto the next project until I had a heart felt garland all of my very own.

Voila:




Happy to report that Rae is right, this is the easiest garland ever. Cutting was all done during one preparatory Lost re-cap episode. Sewing was done in about five minutes with the assistance of two little ladies who had all kinds of ideas for all those hundreds of felt hearts. Their imaginations span thousands of miles, I tell you. But they were adequately satisfied with a new lovey entry way, ONLY if I'll leave it up for their birthday party.

It's a deal ladies!!

Go ahead, start cutting out felt hearts. You're going to LOVE me for it!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Too cute!!! And I was just think 'what in the world am I going to do with all my felt??' Love this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...