Sunday, March 28, 2010

To the Bay Area, With Love.

Dear  Liz,

I hope the burning eye syndrome has gone away after a night or two of good sleep.  Your tunic would surely make the lack of sleep all worth it.  It's so cute. 

After I finished cutting out all 480 pieces of my quilt commission, and after sewing the 96 blocks, it appears I needed a bit of a break from the quilt project.



Of course, it is just now that I begin to get very excited about the quilt project because I can really start to see it coming together.  But after doing all the before mentioned work, you sort of feel like you should be more than 1/3 of the way through the project! 

By Saturday I needed a bit of a diversion.  We had a birthday party to attend, so a quick apron was sewn together.  Which got me started sewing bright and early in the morning.



And then from there, I got the idea that I wanted to use the remaining bits I had left of some Heather Bailey Pop Garden fabric and make another Bo Peep Skirt, from the Seams to Me Book, by Anna Maria Horner.  (Have I mentioned how much I love this book??  I think I've made more projects out of this book, than any of the other sewing books I have.  AND, she has another book coming out this spring!)



Right after I dropped the girls off at the party, I rushed home to start cutting it out.  As is mentioned in the instructions, it's just a bunch of rectangles sewn together.  But honestly, I can't imagine a funner way to sew together rectangles.  And why haven't I made another one of these skirts sooner?  It's so easy (although, it doesn't seem like it would be.  It seems like it might take forever) once the cutting is done, the skirt actually comes together rather quickly. 




Am I allowed to say that I think the ladies looked smashing in their Bo Peep Skirts today?!  Well, I said it.  At first Darin made the mistake of asking if Ruby got dresses herself.  He didn't totally understand the vision.  But once he saw the two girls together, he realized how very out voted he was!  They were like an explosion of color, in a good way (I hope).




I'll call that my intermission from quilt assembly.  Let's see if the quilt top can't get pieces together before the end of the week.  Or should I sew Easter dresses?  Only time will tell...

Love,
Annee

2 comments:

Liz said...

The quilt is coming along nicely and looks so beautiful so far. 480 pieces sounds daunting. I totally understand the need for a break.

The Little Bo Peep skirt is a lovely colorful explosion. My favorite kind of explosion really.

Jane and Ruby make the perfect little models. It almost makes me want twins. Almost.

Sarah said...

I do love those frilly little skirts. How cute, and that quilt top is looking great!! I love that pattern.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...