Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Nothing too exciting.

After sewing two quilts in three days, I had to take a little break.  I'm still working on them because making quilts take forever.  I've stippled all of Grace's quilt and all I have to do now is bind it.  George's quilt on the other hand has been put on the backburner.  In the middle of stippling it, my machine broke.  I took it to get repaired, and I'm crossing my fingers it is nothing serious.  The good news is that I have a two sewing machines, so I can still sew, but I can't stipple with my back up machine. 

Right before my fancy machine broke, I was also getting burned out on finishing 2 quilts.  It's a lot of work!  I took an intermission and sewed two pillowcases.  The quilts were made to go on Grace and George's toddler beds, so they totally needed a cool new pillowcase to go with their new quilts. 


George's was made out of Riley Blake's Wheels By My Mind's Eye



Grace got one pillowcase but two different main prints.  One side is Alexander Henry's Starling Bird in Pink


The other side is from Heather Ross' collection called Lightning Bugs and other mysteries.  Unfortunately, I can't find it on the internet.  I think it might be discontinued....



This project was so easy.  I'm sure I could have done something fancier, but life has been crazy around here.  I'm lucky I got these sewn!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Cute pillow cases. It looks like your quilts are turning out great!!. I feel for you about the machine breaking. My brand new serger came to a clunking stop the week before Easter...hence no Easter skirt for Mer. They are fixing it for free of course but in the mean time I'm without. Is stipple quilting hard?? to you have a program on it or do you just free hand??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...