Friday, May 28, 2010

My New Favorite Pillow


I've made several banners this week.  While I do enjoy the finished products, sometimes the process is like eating vegetables.  I love vegetables, but if you were to offer me some carrots or a chocolate chip cookie I can guarantee you I'd take the cookie. 

So my vegetables for the week included a *celebrate* banner,




a *welcome* banner, and a Happy Birthday banner.  Sorry no pic of the HB banner!



All the banners turned out lovely in my opinion, but none of them come close to my new creation.

I saw this pillow on Cluck.Cluck.Sew last week.  I knew I needed to have it, so I pushed it to the top of my Sewing To Do List.  It is my new favorite pillow.  It was very simple to prep, and sewing wasn't too bad.  Of course, I did a zipper closure on the back, and I added a rhinestone button as the center of my flower.  The fabric under the felt is a Michael Miller print, Mod Boxes.



The back is an Henry Alexander print called Zinnia.  I can't find it online at the moment.  Sorry.



Now I need to figure out what's going to get crossed off my list next....

4 comments:

Annee said...

Oh my goodness!!! What more can I say? I will need one immediately upon arriving at my new house. Great use of the rhinestone button :)

Annee said...

P.S. Did you finally get to keep some banners for yourself? I'm curious.

Sarah said...

Oh man that pillow is beautiful. Did you use regular felt or wool?? I really need to start making pillows. I should just take the plunge and do it.

Kristina said...

Gorgeous pillow! and thanks for the help with the HB banner! I'll have to send you a picture once i hang it up in utah. looks so cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...