Thursday, May 13, 2010

While in Korea

It's hard to believe I've been home from The Convention for over a week now.  I have sewn stuff since I've been back, but I forgot to take a picture of the patchwork dish towels I made last night, and I'm half way done with the binding of George's Easter quilt.  

But, I did sew great things while in Korea which shouldn't be forgotten.

Grace and George got personalized aprons. I made Grace's apron while in Korea, and then I paid a nice Korean man to the do the embroidery for me.  The fabric is a Robert Kaufmann design and is delicious if you ask me.




Before Annee made me sew myself pajama pants, I made a 5 minute belt.  I'm totally not kidding that it only took 5 minutes.  Unfortunately I can't really tell you how to do it, because all of the supplies were purchased in the Dongdemoon Market in Seoul.  


I love this belt so much and I've already worn it, and I'm dreaming of more ways to put it to good use.






The last thing I made in the Korea Headquarters of MOM were my pajama pants from Amy Butler's In Stitches book.  This a really simple pattern as long as you get your size right!!  I had some alterations to do before this picture was taken.  The fabric is an owl print, so I call these my Night Owl Pants.



Now I must go put on my Night Owl pants and go to bed!

1 comment:

Kat said...

If I just put this comment twice I'm sorry.

I just thought you two might like to know about my friends fabrics. I don't quite know how it all works (if you can buy it or if she designs it and then gets a company to buy it) but anyway, thought you guys might enjoy it :) I know she has lots of cool stuff for her boys.

http://www.hotscottpatterns.typepad.com/

And I'm looking forward to being alone with my 3 year old next year so I can try out some of these patterns! I think I'll start with the pj pants and some of your one yard wonders :)

You girls are cute :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...