Monday, October 4, 2010

Halloween Week: Party Garland

Halloween is my least favorite holiday, but my kids are totally excited about it, so I figured I better get on board.  After a board meeting via text messaging, Annee and I decided that this week will be Halloween Week!  We'll be sharing some ideas for Halloween decorating and of course some Halloween clothes.

Let the fun begin!

In addition to banners being one of my favorite things to hang in my house, I *heart* party garland.  I believe Annee tipped me off to it with Purl Bee's party garland, and then she share with us heart shaped party garland at Valentine's Day.  I knew for sure if I had party garland up for Halloween it would make me excited about the holiday!  So I present Halloween Party Garland.


I gathered orange, black and white felt,



cut them into pumpkins, bats, and ghosts using MY TEMPLATE,




recruited an assistant who came up with the pattern bat, pumpkins, ghosts, and sat and handed me the Halloween objects,



as I sewed them together one right after the other.


And there you have it.  Simple, easy, and so fun!  


Hope you're excited for Halloween Week!!

2 comments:

Annee said...

Oh man, I'm making one tomorrow!! Thanks for the great idea. It will totally help me not hate Halloween so much. Nothing brings more happiness to my home, than a festive party garland!!

Annee said...

While I slept, you made magic happen! The PDF file is beyond fancy. I can hardly wait. I'm off to the craft store this morning. Perhaps a welcome home surprise to the kids when they get home from school will be a festive Halloween garland! Can't wait. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the template. You're the best.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...