Saturday, November 27, 2010

A little bitty sewing project.

Ever since I got the latest Anna Maria Horner sewing book, these pants have been on the "to do" list.  First obstacle, no baby to sew for.  Lucky for me, that doesn't stay the case for very long in my family!  There is almost always a new baby in the works :) 


I picked up a yard of this precious Japanese print when I was in Korea.  Japanese fabric has been all the rage for a while.  I wasn't sure I understood why.  But when I saw this bolt, I kind of understood.  And the longer I have had this piece in the stash, the more meaningful it becomes. 


Funnest part about these pants?  The little insert on the back side.  It gives you just one more chance to pick another favorite fabric to use. 


The giraffe was too cute not to notice, amidst all the other quintessential Japanese details,


So I made a matching giraffe shirt!  Perfect. 


Did I mention the pants are reversible?!  They are.  Thereby doubling the wardrobe options for your miniature person.  If only I had a little model. I hope this outfit greets the newest member of our family with all kinds of handmade love. 

1 comment:

Liz said...

Adorable!! I might need to buy Anna's baby book just for this pattern.

I also love the Japanese print. I have the same fabric in my stash, but haven't found the perfect use for it.

Totally cute onesie as well!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...