Tuesday, November 2, 2010

So Tired!!

I've been feeling extra tired the past week, so I put myself to bed early which means I wasn't able to sew anything.  This starts to stress me out after a couple of days, but when I sat down to finally sew something last night I had a moment or two (or 30) of sewing block.  I looked through my patterns, online tutorial skirt links, and I really thought that I was going to make Grace something to wear last night.  But, I just wasn't feeling it.

And that's when I decided to step out of the sewing room/laundry room.  I really thought I wasn't going to sew last night.  And then I started to take down all 2 of my Halloween decorations, and put up some Thanksgiving decorations.



My Fall Table Runner.  See our *Tried and True Tutorials* on the sidebar for a link to the tutorial.



My *Give Thanks* banner.

I put up a couple of other store bought decorations, and that's when it hit me.  I knew what I wanted to make.

A few weeks ago, I saw this fall party garland.  Gorgeous, huh?  I knew I wasn't going to be able to top it especially since hand sewing all my leaves together could never be an option for me!!  I don't have the patience and my hands would be crippled by the end.

Sew, last night I decided I'd make my own version.  Maybe not as cute, but slightly easier and I'll even share the template.  I was a little sad when Emily of Ravenhill didn't share a pattern for her leaves.  That's the hardest part in my mind.  So go HERE and print out your Fall Party Garland leaves template if you are like me and need a little help with the leave patterns!


I made this party garland the same way I made the Halloween Party Garland.  First I cut out a ton of leaves.



Then I sewed them together, and then hung it up!  It's that easy.  The only thing I think I would have done different is how I sewed the leaves together.  I think it would have been interesting to add some dimension and overlap the leaves as I sewed them together.  I had this thought half way through sewing my garland together, and I wasn't in the mood to undo what I'd done and I knew I'd need more leaves.   Maybe next year??


 That's all for tonight.  Maybe I'll go and sew something else.  Or maybe I'll be in bed at 9 p.m. sharp like I told my Sew Sister I would be!!!

2 comments:

Annee said...

It's sew perfect! I'll have to join you and make another one. I'm not as organized as you, I still have my Halloween one hanging up!

By the way, I hadn't noticed that you were in retirement or anything. Sometimes we just get a wee bit of sewers block, that's all.

Sarah said...

Very cool! I love that your are giving the leaf pattern. Coming up with the right shapes is seriously the hardest part. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...