Friday, December 31, 2010

A Table Runner

A week or so ago I was surfing crafty blogs.  I'm not sure what I was looking for, but like always I found something that I wanted to make.  This time I stumbled upon THIS table runner.  I liked the Heather Bailey fabrics, and even though Anna of Noodlehead calls it a Christmas table runner, I knew the same design could be used for an all purpose table runner.



I've had several fat quarters by Anna Maria Horner sitting in my stash, and I've been so afraid to cut them because I don't have much of each fabric and I think they are all so lovely.  I finally worked up the courage, and just went for it with this project.



I really like the finished look of my table runner.  Anna of Noodlehead did an embroidery stitch around each of her wonky stars, but I'm not sure I'm going to do the same.  Do you think it needs it??  I can't decide if it would be too much or not.  I'll keep you posted.  Also, I couldn't get Annee labels without gifting myself some as well!!



I used this tutorial to help me make the wonky stars.  This is really a very, very simple quilting project.  I was really surprised at how quickly each of the wonky stars came together.  I do think I need to work on making my stars wonkier, but for my first try I'm okay with the results!

Be sure to come back soon.  Once I took the plunge and cut into my Anna Maria Horner fat quarters, I haven't looked back.  Tonight I made another creation out of her beautiful fabrics.  I'm crossing my fingers it will be done tomorrow.  I'll keep you posted!!

In other news here at MOM West Coast, I had some *free* time yesterday, so I drove an hour to the best fabric shop that I've found in my area.  The prices aren't anything to brag about, but being able to touch and look at a yard of the fabrics that I see online was so much fun.  Of course I couldn't drive an hour to the store and an hour back and NOT make a purchase, so I bought...

A yard in each of these fabrics



and a 1/2 yard in these.





I only bought a 1/2 yd, because I'm just not sure what I'm going to do with them, but I knew I needed to have them in my stash.  I'm really loving the owl trend.  Can you tell??

I'm off to bed.  I was up until almost 1 a.m. finishing the binding on my table runner, so tonight is technically an early night.  Technically.

3 comments:

Annee said...

Oh sigh, it's all so beautiful! I love the pieces you picked out yesterday. So many beautiful new choices to choose from in the stash! I love that wonky star tutorial. I've used it before as well, and found it to be perfectly straight forward and well executed. I love a good tutorial!

Where is the blue owl sitting atop the table runner from? I'm sort of in love with him.

Liz said...

The blue owl is from Home Goods and was $12.99!! I'm kind of in love with him too even though he is blue and I'm usually a red fan. :)

Sarah said...

Your runner turned out so nice!! and I love all your new fabrics. You are making me want to buy some for myself. Just this evening I got an email saying there were a ton of new bolts added to the sale rack at our local quilt shop. I've got to get there soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...