Friday, January 28, 2011

Pillows!!

By some standards I'm sure I have too many pillows in my house, but I love pillows.  Throw pillows in particular, but I'm pretty picky about the pillows I sleep on at night too.



This is my couch when I make it look all fancy right before my two little ones use my couch as a trampoline.  Love them more than pillows, but I do love the way my couch looks when it's all neatly decorated with my throw pillows.  I've made all of these pillows, and call me crazy, but I kind of want more.

During my Sewing Night earlier this week, I made 2 more pillows.  I used V and Co.'s tutorial for a Gathered Heart Pillow.  At first I was going to just make one for Grace to go with her new duvet cover (from Ikea), but then I realized George would feel left out, so I made him one as well.



I used Alexander Henry's Heart to Heart fabric for Grace's and Heartbreaker fabric for George's.  The Heartbreaker fabric is one of my all time favorites.  Unfortunately I can't find links to either of these fabrics.  I'll keep working on it!




Grace and George were thrilled to get new pillows and for the first time ever in their lives we went and made their beds within 10 minutes of them waking up.  It looked so nice to have their beds made so early in the morning.  I guess I should make them do that more often!



And, in other BIG and EXCITING pillow news, my Picket Fence Pillow was selected as a finalist in the Stitched In Color Blogger Pillow Party that I entered earlier this month.  I pretty much giggled like a school girl and called Annee right away when I found out that Rachel thought my pillow was one of the top submissions.  This news totally made my day today.

Now I just need to figure out what pillow to make for next months competition!!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Congrats Liz, I was so excited when I saw yours in the top list. I love those heart pillows. P.S. Where did you get George's cute car comforter? Is that ikea too??

Liz said...

Thanks Sarah, and yes the cars duvet cover is also Ikea. You get a duvet cover and pillowcase for $15. Total steal!

Annee said...

I'm so excited you are a finalist!! And the heart pillows turned out so cute. I'll have to make one...soon?!

Kristina said...

CONGRATS!! Love their cute comforters and the pillows you made!!

Kristina said...

and I forgot, Grace's heart comforter is perfect for Feb. I LOVE it!! such pretty colors w the pillow added in...

Jonell said...

I love those pillows! Those heart designs really touches me. It's nice to have even just one of those. Red pillows

Sanchez Family said...

PS your picket fence pillow TOTALLY should have won!!! What an honor that you were chosen though!

Zia Ali said...

WOW, i love your throw pillows. i've been meaning to make some myself but i found the pillow fillers to be a little expensive. great job visit me sometime blackswantreasures.blogspot.com

Zia Ali

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...