Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I have a baby coming soon...

I feel so much bigger than this picture makes me look.

And I didn't save any baby clothes after George was born.  I wasn't sure I was going to have another baby, and we lack storage in my house, so I just haven't saved clothes.  I'm 27 weeks and counting, and I really do need to get just a couple more things for my baby boy made.  Or I need to go to Target and buy the necessities, but there is no fun in that!!

The Quick Change Trousers are definitely going to be my *go to* pattern for this new little baby.  I love it.  The pants I made last night were made from cutting to final stitch in 1 1/2 hours.  A fast project which is my kind of project. This time I made the Quick Change Trousers out of three knit t-shirts the Italian was giving away.  I kept them out of the giveaway pile when I saved the two dress shirts I turned into pants for George.  Sorry I have no before shots of the t-shirts.


I do have some cute ones of the after product though.



Stripes on one side,





and solid on the other.  





Of course a little airplane onesie was a nice compliment to the mini pants.  What boy doesn't love airplanes?  (Even my big boy husband and his dad love them.)  



With 13 more weeks to go, I have a feeling this is not the last time you are going to see Quick Change Trousers with onesies!

Next up I'm tracing patterns for 3 different projects from Anna Maria Horner's Handmade Beginnings.  I'm off to watch Grey's Anatomy (and maybe Friday Night Lights) while I do some tracing!

6 comments:

Annee said...

The baby outfit is adorable! That's so great to be using all these recycled fabrics! I'm pretty sure I look more pregnant than you, and I'm not pregnant! You're adorable.

JerzyGrl said...

Um, you kinda look like you are just pretend pregnant and sticking your stomach out :) Hope you are feeling great this pregnancy! Can't wait to meet your little guy. I can't believe you are only like 6 weeks behind me.

Adam Heder said...

How cute is that!! ANd reversible!! Let's make some for Joe!!! Seriously so so so cute!

Polly said...

I'm exactly 27 weeks pregnant too! Except I'm having a girl. So fun!

Liz said...

I promise I look bigger in person!!

Diana, love you that you are calling your boy Joe!!

Polly, congratulations! Girl names are so much easier than boys!!

Sarah said...

What a great idea to make those pants out of Knit. So comfy and cute! Jack saw the airplane shirt and said, "I want a shirt like that!" :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...