Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Service Update

I was hoping to post a follow up to my post on Friday, but I had a crazy busy weekend.  Sunday night, however, as soon as I put my kids down, I put myself to work, and made:




and 



2 flannel receiving blankets for Calling All Angels.

I think the mini kimono is so darling, and I really do believe it will be so helpful after heart surgery.  George wasn't able to be picked up under his arm for 6 weeks after surgery, and I was so nervous to even lift his arms to put a onesie on, so a kimono is the perfect solution.  Not to mention I think the kimono look will be totally adorable on baby Josie Mae.  If you are making one, or have made one, please leave a comment with your email address, and I'll email you Josie's mailing address.

Now that my sewing service is done for the time being, I've got to decide what's next on the agenda.  I do have a pillow in the works for the pillow contest, but I've stared at it too long, and I'm starting to question my design.  What to do?!?

2 comments:

Annee said...

I'm going to try to get one made this week as well. Isn't there a pattern in another book that we have? Is it in One Yard Wonders? Or the newest Anna Maria book? I'll have to go and check. You're turned out really sweet.

I feel your pain about over-thinking a project and losing sight if it's cute or not anymore. Good luck finding your way again. I'm sure it's going to amazing.

Cherie said...

Thanks, Liz! In honor of the time you spent making the kimono, my 7 year old and I will make a couple of blankets for Calling All Angels, too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...