Thursday, November 10, 2011

A Table Runner

Didn't I tell you that Annee's post would blow your mind??  My Sew Sister is sew amazing!!

I don't have much to show, but I was really pleased with how quickly I executed this table runner.  My mom's birthday is this weekend, so I had to have it sewn and mailed no later than Tuesday.  I decided Sunday night that I was going to just go for it, and I started making the wonky stars.  Have you made these??  They are quick and easy and fun to make.


I made myself a table runner like this last December.  My idea for it came from Anna of Noodlehead, and the tutorial I used for the wonky stars was from The Silly BooDilly.


Now my mom is more of a "bright and funky" kind of fabric lady.  Those are her words not mine.  She would have probably preferred the three wonky stars to be more like the fabric I put on the back (Tina Givens Treetop Fancy), but I just didn't have 2 other fabrics that I felt coordinated with it.  My solution was to put it on the back, and then hope that  my mom loves Anna Maria Horner as much as I do.


All three wonky stars are made out of Anna Maria's Innocent Crush line, but my favorite has to be the Woodcut Golden star.  It's one of my all time favorite fabrics.  I'm kind of thinking I might need to use it to make these curtains for myself.

Okay, friends, I'm signing off for now.  I've been cutting quilt squares all day long, so maybe I'll have an update in the near future.  I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...