Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Patchwork Prism Pillow


Over a year ago, Annee created her beautiful Patchwork Prism Quilt.  I've been a little envious of it ever since.  However, since I know how labor intensive quilts could be, I decided to take a short cut and just make the pillow.  Anna Maria created THIS free tutorial based off of the Patchwork Prism Quilt Pattern.


At first I was going to make this a pillow to go on my couch.  However, once I read the specifics of it, I realized that it creates a king size pillow sham which is 36 inches wide (or is it long?).  I wasn't sure that would look just right on my couch.


While bouncing around ideas in my head as to how I should make the pillow and where I should put it, I realized that I really wanted to change my duvet cover on my bed.  Remember when I made these curtains?  


I still totally love them, but both of my duvet covers are too loud to go with the already loud duvet covers I have.  Then I found my new bedding at West Elm, and I then I realized that the Patchwork Prism would look so fabulous sitting on such a mild background.  (Fabulous in my opinion. Wink, wink.)


Sew, I set out designing my pillow.  I pulled mainly all fabrics from Anna Maria stash.  I have quite a few, and I only had to pull in a couple of non-AMH fabrics, but I'm not sure you could figure it out unless you really studied the pillow.


I have a king size bed, and my bed is HUGE, so the pillow almost looks small if you ask me.


Kind of makes me think it looks a little lonely.


 Maybe I'll need to make it a friend or two.


I'll keep you posted if I do.

I have a pattern all cut out for a dress for Grace, but I need to go and get diapers.  I think diapers might be a little more important, although it's on my list of things to do before I can go to bed to cut out the dress.  Here's to hoping I get it all done!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love the pillow. We have a huge bed as well. In aus it is called a super king, but I think thy are called a Californian king in the States. Most people thinks its pretty funny as both my husband and I are pretty small, but it does come in handy when you get small midnight visitors

Amanda said...

I have the same bedding in cream! Love it. But I don't have an awesome colorful patchwork pillow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...